Bringing a sense of fun and magic for residents this Easter.
The staff at Birchwood House held a quirky ‘Alice in Wonderland’ themed Mad Hatter’s Tea Party for the residents of our Speldhurst care home, to bring a sense of fun and magic to all this Easter.
Following on from the success of the Winter Wonderland-themed Christmas party, the event was carefully planned for the residents as a complete surprise. The tea party was held on 31st March 2021.
Amazing décor and costumes
Thanks to our talented staff, the dining room of our care home was transformed into a magical and majestic wonderland. Combining amazing décor with eccentric character costumes, each member of the team worked to produce an experience that mesmerized our residents.
All our staff re-created some of the most fantastical and quirky scenes from Alice in Wonderland. Details such as an enchanted forest themed backdrop, Alice herself sipping tea with the residents along with a life-size Cheshire Cat and bright and vibrant colours featured. Everyone really got behind the story and gave it their all.
Food was themed around the story with ‘Eat Me, Drink Me’ labels displayed on each item. There was a full spread for all to indulge in, including jam tarts, cheese straws, finger sandwiches and sausage rolls, as well as a fabulous centrepiece cake. The food went down extremely well with all our guests and was planned and baked by our very own chef Anne.
All our Birchwood team took every step to make sure our residents felt like they had stepped into a magical wonderland, ensuring to bring these captivating scenes to life with little details such as their very own Queen of Hearts.
Claire Tye, our Deputy Manager at Birchwood House, adds, “Here at Birchwood House, we always like to go above and beyond to make sure the residents smile. After what can only be described as the strangest most challenging year for us all, we wanted to create a scene of magic and joy to lift the spirits of all. By theming our Easter event around the all-time classic that is Alice in Wonderland, we have been able to create magic and couldn’t wait to surprise the residents!”
We can’t wait to plan more events at Birchwood this year and have already started planning the next one. Our events have become an important morale-boosting initiative for residents and staff alike and give us the chance to all come together and show our creativity.
Other articles you may like
- Holding hands with loved ones for visitors to Birchwood HouseFrom May 3rd visitors to Birchwood House will be able to hold hands and enjoy face-to-face conversations with theirContinue reading “Holding hands with loved ones for visitors to Birchwood House”
- Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.Bringing a sense of fun and magic for residents this Easter. The staff at Birchwood House held a quirkyContinue reading “Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.”
- Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mumChoosing a home for a loved one is a considered decision, but one that Kathleen Holmwood made with ease.Continue reading “Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mum”
- The benefits of using the internet and modern technologySince the arrival of Covid-19 and having to live through lockdown in the last 12 months, the reliance onContinue reading “The benefits of using the internet and modern technology”
- What care options are available for those in later life?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they findContinue reading “What care options are available for those in later life?”
- Virtual tours help relatives find the right careWe’re well aware of the impact that Covid-19 has had on searching for a care home for a lovedContinue reading “Virtual tours help relatives find the right care”
- The skills and attributes you need to be a good carerThe skills and attributes needed to be a good carer. Whether you’re looking for a good care provider orContinue reading “The skills and attributes you need to be a good carer”
- White Christmas had by all at BirchwoodPulling out the stops for a fun and festive December. We went all out to make sure it wasContinue reading “White Christmas had by all at Birchwood”
- Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clientsWell-being first for staff, residents & clients. We’re delighted to kick off a new initiative to show the smilingContinue reading “Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clients”