John Anthony at Birchwood
Our in-house chef, John, shares his top recipes
At Birchwood House we’re lucky enough to have our own in-house chef, John Anthony. He comes with a wealth of catering experience and some of you may have had the pleasure to partake in his legendary roasts at the Masonic Hall.
Chef John is currently working on the summer menu, all of which will be cooked from scratch in our kitchen here at Birchwood House. We understand the importance of healthy and well-balanced meals for all of our residents, which is why all dishes are made with fresh ingredients sourced from a local supplier and supplemented by vegetables from our own plot in our nine-acre grounds. We hope you enjoy recreating these in your own kitchens!
Most recent recipes
- Pea and chicken risottoPea and chicken risotto This delightful pea and chicken risotto is the perfect winter-warmer dish, full of hearty flavour and a healthy serving of protein. It’s a great addition to any recipe roster as the days grow shorter and colder, and is sure to be a hit just as it is with our residents. IngredientsContinue reading “Pea and chicken risotto”
- Pasta Bolognese with Rocket and ParmesanPasta Bolognese with Rocket and Parmesan Delicious and bursting with nutritious ingredients, this month, chef John Anthony has cooked up a warm and hearty dish of pasta bolognese served with rocket and parmesan. It smelled delicious, looked delicious, and judging by all the empty plates at the end of it, tasted delicious too! Read onContinue reading “Pasta Bolognese with Rocket and Parmesan”
- Mince Beef CobblerMince Beef Cobbler Mince beef cobbler is the perfect dish to begin the transition into Autumn – seasonal, hearty, and topped with delicious dumpling-like scones. The recipe is inspired by BBC Good Foods. You can follow along below to try out this speciality dish yourself and see how warming this classic, cosy speciality is. Ingredients 500gContinue reading “Mince Beef Cobbler”
- Poached Pears in Red WinePoached Pears in Red Wine Perfectly poached pears, served in the finest of red wine, Chef John Anthony has served yet another French delight to our residents at Birchwood House. Inspired by BBC Good Foods, you can follow the recipe below to recreate this culinary delight yourself. Ingredients 1 vanilla pod 1 bottle red wineContinue reading “Poached Pears in Red Wine”
- Classic French CrêpeClassic French Crêpe Following the popularity of last month’s dessert recipe, the deliciously creamy lemon posset, comes the classic French crêpe. Find out how Chef John serves this delicious light and fluffy crepe for residents at Birchwood House. Ingredients: the French Crêpe 100g plain flour 1 tbsp golden caster sugar 2 large eggs 1 tbspContinue reading “Classic French Crêpe”
- Deliciously Creamy Lemon PossetDeliciously Creamy Lemon Posset Tart Last month, our new chef, John Anthony shared his take on Chicken a la King, which was a massive hit with our residents at Birchwood House. This month, he shares his recipe for the perfect dessert – a deliciously creamy lemon posset tart. And we must admit, it tasted evenContinue reading “Deliciously Creamy Lemon Posset”