Pulling out the stops for a fun and festive December.
We went all out to make sure it was a white and jolly Christmas for the residents at our home in Speldhurst, Kent. With a snow machine adding a dusting of white to the beautiful House, staff held a festive event to bring joy to the residents after a difficult year. The team have been doing all they can to keep things as normal as possible and keep spirits high by working hard behind the scenes to create a magical Christmas celebration for the residents.
On Wednesday 16th December, Birchwood House transformed into a winter extravaganza. The residents were treated to a home-cooked Christmas buffet followed by gifts from Santa and his elf with thanks to Ian Hitchman, maintenance operative of the care home, be dressing up as Father Christmas. The residents were then taken through to the ‘Winter Wonderland’ to enjoy all of the festivities on offer.
The conservatory at the care home included a beautiful array of fairy lights, pretend snowballs and snowflakes. A lit up festive stag and a dusting of snow were the backdrop to staff singing Christmas carols. There was also a paper mache snowman. The entrance hall of the care home had a huge Christmas Tree on display.
In a normal year, Christmas at Birchwood would include family and carollers, but with Covid restrictions in place for most of the UK, is was a little different. But it didn’t end there – the team extended the festivities throughout the run up to Christmas. Every team member will be dressing up in Christmas attire during the week to bring a sense of cheer to all.
Claire Tye, Birchwood House deputy manager, said “Christmas has always been a time where we focus on our families, being together enjoying the Christmas period. This year has been one like no other, and to bring it to a close, we wanted to do something special for the residents who won’t be able to spend the day with their loved ones. We are so excited to be able to sprinkle some joy and pretend snow at Birchwood House to bring smiles to all – including our fantastic team here”.
As one of the leading care homes and at home care providers in Kent, Birchwood has a team of highly skilled people providing care both in our residential home in Speldhurst and for those in their own home through our Care Services team in and around Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks. They possess great people and technology skills and go the extra mile, day in, day out. With the guidance of the Birchwood Promise, the team look after our clients in a way we would like to be looked after.
Other articles you may like
- Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.Bringing a sense of fun and magic for residents this Easter. The staff at Birchwood House held a quirkyContinue reading “Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.”
- Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mumChoosing a home for a loved one is a considered decision, but one that Kathleen Holmwood made with ease.Continue reading “Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mum”
- The benefits of using the internet and modern technologySince the arrival of Covid-19 and having to live through lockdown in the last 12 months, the reliance onContinue reading “The benefits of using the internet and modern technology”
- What care options are available for those in later life?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they findContinue reading “What care options are available for those in later life?”
- Virtual tours help relatives find the right careWe’re well aware of the impact that Covid-19 has had on searching for a care home for a lovedContinue reading “Virtual tours help relatives find the right care”
- The skills and attributes you need to be a good carerThe skills and attributes needed to be a good carer. Whether you’re looking for a good care provider orContinue reading “The skills and attributes you need to be a good carer”
- White Christmas had by all at BirchwoodPulling out the stops for a fun and festive December. We went all out to make sure it wasContinue reading “White Christmas had by all at Birchwood”
- Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clientsWell-being first for staff, residents & clients. We’re delighted to kick off a new initiative to show the smilingContinue reading “Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clients”
- Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winnerAfternoon tea winner announced, courtesy of Birchwood chef Anne Jones We wanted to do something to brighten up someone’sContinue reading “Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winner”