Pulling out the stops for a fun and festive December.
We went all out to make sure it was a white and jolly Christmas for the residents at our home in Speldhurst, Kent. With a snow machine adding a dusting of white to the beautiful House, staff held a festive event to bring joy to the residents after a difficult year. The team have been doing all they can to keep things as normal as possible and keep spirits high by working hard behind the scenes to create a magical Christmas celebration for the residents.
On Wednesday 16th December, Birchwood House transformed into a winter extravaganza. The residents were treated to a home-cooked Christmas buffet followed by gifts from Santa and his elf with thanks to Ian Hitchman, maintenance operative of the care home, be dressing up as Father Christmas. The residents were then taken through to the ‘Winter Wonderland’ to enjoy all of the festivities on offer.
The conservatory at the care home included a beautiful array of fairy lights, pretend snowballs and snowflakes. A lit up festive stag and a dusting of snow were the backdrop to staff singing Christmas carols. There was also a paper mache snowman. The entrance hall of the care home had a huge Christmas Tree on display.
In a normal year, Christmas at Birchwood would include family and carollers, but with Covid restrictions in place for most of the UK, is was a little different. But it didn’t end there – the team extended the festivities throughout the run up to Christmas. Every team member will be dressing up in Christmas attire during the week to bring a sense of cheer to all.
Claire Tye, Birchwood House deputy manager, said “Christmas has always been a time where we focus on our families, being together enjoying the Christmas period. This year has been one like no other, and to bring it to a close, we wanted to do something special for the residents who won’t be able to spend the day with their loved ones. We are so excited to be able to sprinkle some joy and pretend snow at Birchwood House to bring smiles to all – including our fantastic team here”.
As one of the leading care homes and at home care providers in Kent, Birchwood has a team of highly skilled people providing care both in our residential home in Speldhurst and for those in their own home through our Care Services team in and around Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks. They possess great people and technology skills and go the extra mile, day in, day out. With the guidance of the Birchwood Promise, the team look after our clients in a way we would like to be looked after.
Other articles you may like
- National Eye Health Week in focusGood eye health and the need for regular eye tests is vital, especially as you age. National Eye HealthContinue reading “National Eye Health Week in focus”
- Power of AttorneyBetter care for the elderly evident as rising number of people register for power of attorney Power of attorneyContinue reading “Power of Attorney”
- Looking after historic Birchwood House is Ian’s roleAfter 30 years in the building industry, Ian can turn his hand to many types of work. Which isContinue reading “Looking after historic Birchwood House is Ian’s role”
- Respite care for the elderly and how it supports the carerA quick reference guide to respite care Respite care is a short-term stay, often around one to two weeks, inContinue reading “Respite care for the elderly and how it supports the carer”
- Birchwood House residents travel back to medieval timesOur residents and staff travelled back in time to enjoy a medieval themed summer party held within our 9Continue reading “Birchwood House residents travel back to medieval times”
- Meet Activities Co-ordinator ZoeKeeping the residents at Birchwood House mentally and physically active is the job of Activities Co-ordinator Zoe. Zoe hasContinue reading “Meet Activities Co-ordinator Zoe”
- Choosing the right care home for a loved oneFinding the right care home for a loved one can be a stressful and challenging experience, and often oneContinue reading “Choosing the right care home for a loved one”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2Continue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our FacebookContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”