How Are We Dealing With Coronavirus
The recent Covid-19 outbreak has caused many worldwide problems. Here at Birchwood House, the safety of our residents and staff is paramount. With the UK now moving into the delay phase of controlling the outbreak, we have taken the decision to, as a preventative measure, ask family members, visitors and friends to stop visiting the home until further notice.
We can assure you that we’re taking every measure we can to keep your loved ones safe and if you do need to contact us by phone at any time then please do. We will, of course contact you immediately should we feel you need to visit.
We will ensure vital medical visits continue but have taken the decision to stop outside staff who come to the home and entertain the residents from entering the home. Our staff will continue to keep residents as entertained as they can, but also safe during these difficult times.
The situation is fluid and evolving at a pace and we will communicate as quickly as we can any changes in our approach.
We appreciate your support with these measures and are sure you understand we’re taking them within the best interests of our residents and staff in mind, however if you do have any questions or want any further information then please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01892 863559.
Other articles you may like
- Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.Bringing a sense of fun and magic for residents this Easter. The staff at Birchwood House held a quirkyContinue reading “Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.”
- Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mumChoosing a home for a loved one is a considered decision, but one that Kathleen Holmwood made with ease.Continue reading “Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mum”
- The benefits of using the internet and modern technologySince the arrival of Covid-19 and having to live through lockdown in the last 12 months, the reliance onContinue reading “The benefits of using the internet and modern technology”
- What care options are available for those in later life?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they findContinue reading “What care options are available for those in later life?”
- Virtual tours help relatives find the right careWe’re well aware of the impact that Covid-19 has had on searching for a care home for a lovedContinue reading “Virtual tours help relatives find the right care”
- The skills and attributes you need to be a good carerThe skills and attributes needed to be a good carer. Whether you’re looking for a good care provider orContinue reading “The skills and attributes you need to be a good carer”
- White Christmas had by all at BirchwoodPulling out the stops for a fun and festive December. We went all out to make sure it wasContinue reading “White Christmas had by all at Birchwood”
- Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clientsWell-being first for staff, residents & clients. We’re delighted to kick off a new initiative to show the smilingContinue reading “Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clients”
- Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winnerAfternoon tea winner announced, courtesy of Birchwood chef Anne Jones We wanted to do something to brighten up someone’sContinue reading “Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winner”