How Are We Dealing With Coronavirus
The recent Covid-19 outbreak has caused many worldwide problems. Here at Birchwood House, the safety of our residents and staff is paramount. With the UK now moving into the delay phase of controlling the outbreak, we have taken the decision to, as a preventative measure, ask family members, visitors and friends to stop visiting the home until further notice.
We can assure you that we’re taking every measure we can to keep your loved ones safe and if you do need to contact us by phone at any time then please do. We will, of course contact you immediately should we feel you need to visit.
We will ensure vital medical visits continue but have taken the decision to stop outside staff who come to the home and entertain the residents from entering the home. Our staff will continue to keep residents as entertained as they can, but also safe during these difficult times.
The situation is fluid and evolving at a pace and we will communicate as quickly as we can any changes in our approach.
We appreciate your support with these measures and are sure you understand we’re taking them within the best interests of our residents and staff in mind, however if you do have any questions or want any further information then please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01892 863559.
Other articles you may like
- Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clientsWell-being first for staff, residents & clients. We’re delighted to kick off a new initiative to show the smilingContinue reading “Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clients”
- Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winnerAfternoon tea winner announced, courtesy of Birchwood chef Anne Jones We wanted to do something to brighten up someone’sContinue reading “Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winner”
- An unprecedented year in the life of a care homeReflections on an unprecedented year in the life of a care home Owner of Birchwood House and Care Services,Continue reading “An unprecedented year in the life of a care home”
- Harvest Hoedown extravaganzaBirchwood House hosts Harvest Hoedown extravaganza Birchwood House enjoyed a socially-distanced harvest festival in its grounds on Wednesday 9thContinue reading “Harvest Hoedown extravaganza”
- Take care of your mental health during lockdownTake care of your mental health during lockdown The lockdown that has been imposed by the Covid-19 outbreak hasContinue reading “Take care of your mental health during lockdown”
- The difference between a care home and a retirement villageThe difference between a care home and a retirement village As many enter the later stages of their life,Continue reading “The difference between a care home and a retirement village”
- An Introduction to Helen Geer – Manager of Birchwood HouseAn Introduction to Helen Geer – Manager of Birchwood House I have worked in care for 20 years andContinue reading “An Introduction to Helen Geer – Manager of Birchwood House”
- Looking after the elderly in summerLooking after the elderly in summer Although summer is only just upon us and we are probably yet toContinue reading “Looking after the elderly in summer”
- Looking after our care home residents during CoronavirusLooking after our care home residents during Coronavirus The current Covid-19 Pandemic has caused an enormous disruption to everyContinue reading “Looking after our care home residents during Coronavirus”