Birchwood House Sponsors Art of the Weald!
Birchwood House is delighted to be sponsoring Hospice in the Weald’s ‘Art of the Weald’ exhibition along with our colleagues from Birchwood Care Services.
Hospice in the Weald is an incredible local charity who provide care completely free of charge to patients, their families and carers in West Kent and Northern East Sussex. “Hospice in the Weald is a charity that anyone who lives in and around the Tunbridge Wells area knows well.” Says our Manager Helen Geer. “To be able to support such a wonderful local cause and raise awareness of the Hospice in the Weald at the same time is hugely rewarding.”
“It’s been a pleasure partnering with Birchwood House on Art of the Weald. From our first meeting at their beautiful and welcoming care home to finalising plans for event day, they have remained professional, friendly and honest at all times.” Says Minh Lan Nguyen, Relationship Fundraising Manager from Hospice in the Weald. “We are hugely grateful for their support and cannot thank them enough for enabling the event to happen.”
The Art of the Weald is an exhibition of the finest art from the Weald and surrounding areas, showcasing a mixture of paintings, sculpture and much more from a range of professional artists. It’s taking place on Saturday 28th March and Sunday 29th March 2020 from 10.30am – 4pm on both days at The Old Big School Gallery in Tonbridge School. For more information about how to get involved, head over to the Hospice in the Weald website.
Other articles you may like
- Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.Bringing a sense of fun and magic for residents this Easter. The staff at Birchwood House held a quirkyContinue reading “Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.”
- Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mumChoosing a home for a loved one is a considered decision, but one that Kathleen Holmwood made with ease.Continue reading “Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mum”
- The benefits of using the internet and modern technologySince the arrival of Covid-19 and having to live through lockdown in the last 12 months, the reliance onContinue reading “The benefits of using the internet and modern technology”
- What care options are available for those in later life?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they findContinue reading “What care options are available for those in later life?”
- Virtual tours help relatives find the right careWe’re well aware of the impact that Covid-19 has had on searching for a care home for a lovedContinue reading “Virtual tours help relatives find the right care”
- The skills and attributes you need to be a good carerThe skills and attributes needed to be a good carer. Whether you’re looking for a good care provider orContinue reading “The skills and attributes you need to be a good carer”
- White Christmas had by all at BirchwoodPulling out the stops for a fun and festive December. We went all out to make sure it wasContinue reading “White Christmas had by all at Birchwood”
- Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clientsWell-being first for staff, residents & clients. We’re delighted to kick off a new initiative to show the smilingContinue reading “Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clients”
- Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winnerAfternoon tea winner announced, courtesy of Birchwood chef Anne Jones We wanted to do something to brighten up someone’sContinue reading “Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winner”