Birchwood House Sponsors Art of the Weald!
Birchwood House is delighted to be sponsoring Hospice in the Weald’s ‘Art of the Weald’ exhibition along with our colleagues from Birchwood Care Services.
Hospice in the Weald is an incredible local charity who provide care completely free of charge to patients, their families and carers in West Kent and Northern East Sussex. “Hospice in the Weald is a charity that anyone who lives in and around the Tunbridge Wells area knows well.” Says our Manager Helen Geer. “To be able to support such a wonderful local cause and raise awareness of the Hospice in the Weald at the same time is hugely rewarding.”
“It’s been a pleasure partnering with Birchwood House on Art of the Weald. From our first meeting at their beautiful and welcoming care home to finalising plans for event day, they have remained professional, friendly and honest at all times.” Says Minh Lan Nguyen, Relationship Fundraising Manager from Hospice in the Weald. “We are hugely grateful for their support and cannot thank them enough for enabling the event to happen.”
The Art of the Weald is an exhibition of the finest art from the Weald and surrounding areas, showcasing a mixture of paintings, sculpture and much more from a range of professional artists. It’s taking place on Saturday 28th March and Sunday 29th March 2020 from 10.30am – 4pm on both days at The Old Big School Gallery in Tonbridge School. For more information about how to get involved, head over to the Hospice in the Weald website.
Other articles you may like
- National Eye Health Week in focusGood eye health and the need for regular eye tests is vital, especially as you age. National Eye HealthContinue reading “National Eye Health Week in focus”
- Power of AttorneyBetter care for the elderly evident as rising number of people register for power of attorney Power of attorneyContinue reading “Power of Attorney”
- Looking after historic Birchwood House is Ian’s roleAfter 30 years in the building industry, Ian can turn his hand to many types of work. Which isContinue reading “Looking after historic Birchwood House is Ian’s role”
- Respite care for the elderly and how it supports the carerA quick reference guide to respite care Respite care is a short-term stay, often around one to two weeks, inContinue reading “Respite care for the elderly and how it supports the carer”
- Birchwood House residents travel back to medieval timesOur residents and staff travelled back in time to enjoy a medieval themed summer party held within our 9Continue reading “Birchwood House residents travel back to medieval times”
- Meet Activities Co-ordinator ZoeKeeping the residents at Birchwood House mentally and physically active is the job of Activities Co-ordinator Zoe. Zoe hasContinue reading “Meet Activities Co-ordinator Zoe”
- Choosing the right care home for a loved oneFinding the right care home for a loved one can be a stressful and challenging experience, and often oneContinue reading “Choosing the right care home for a loved one”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2Continue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our FacebookContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”