We are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2 to 4pm. The Open Day will take place in our beautiful nine-acre gardens at Birchwood House in Speldhurst, on the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells.
Birchwood Care is made up of our family-run residential house and our home care service that supports people in their own homes in and around Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks. Our Open Day will be a chance to look around the grounds and meet staff to discuss the care options available and facilities and activities on offer.
An opportunity to meet the Birchwood team
All key members of staff will be at the Open Day and we look forward to meeting visitors. The event is open to everyone, including those that may be looking for residential care for friends or family as well as home care services to support independent living in the area.
Sample coffee and cakes
Coffee and refreshments will be served as well as delicious cakes baked by our very own Chef Anne. Afternoon tea is served daily in Birchwood House and we always get such positive feedback on the bakes, so we wanted the local community to try them out for themselves.
Birchwood House is a former manor house that delivers high quality and professional care, and this is reflected in the testimonials on carehome.co.uk where the home is awarded 9.6 out of 10 based on reviews. And Birchwood Care Services has been awarded 9.8 out of 10 based on positive testimonials on homecare.co.uk.
Have you considered a career in care?
If you’ve considered a career in the care industry then this is an ideal opportunity to see first-hand what it is like and find out everything you want to know.
Get to know the faces behind Birchwood
This is a chance for people to meet the teams that run Birchwood House and Birchwood Care Services and get to know members of staff. They include:
Helen – Manager of Birchwood House. Helen has been with us for over 10 years.
Claire – Deputy Manager. Claire has been with us for 6 years.
Zoe – Activities co-ordinator. Zoe looks after entertainment for the residents.
Ian – Looks after the garden and upkeep of the house.
Anne – Our resident chef with a real flair for baking. She has been with us for nearly a decade.
Birchwood Care Services
Wendy – Manager. Wendy has been with us for over 10 years and has a career spanning 20 years.
Plus all our senior carers.
Niral Patel, owner of Birchwood Care said “I am delighted we can now host an open day and let people come and meet us. We are really looking forward to opening our gardens to the local community and it is a chance for people to ask questions and see what life is like at Birchwood.”
Other articles you may like
- National Eye Health Week in focusGood eye health and the need for regular eye tests is vital, especially as you age. National Eye HealthContinue reading “National Eye Health Week in focus”
- Power of AttorneyBetter care for the elderly evident as rising number of people register for power of attorney Power of attorneyContinue reading “Power of Attorney”
- Looking after historic Birchwood House is Ian’s roleAfter 30 years in the building industry, Ian can turn his hand to many types of work. Which isContinue reading “Looking after historic Birchwood House is Ian’s role”
- Respite care for the elderly and how it supports the carerA quick reference guide to respite care Respite care is a short-term stay, often around one to two weeks, inContinue reading “Respite care for the elderly and how it supports the carer”
- Birchwood House residents travel back to medieval timesOur residents and staff travelled back in time to enjoy a medieval themed summer party held within our 9Continue reading “Birchwood House residents travel back to medieval times”
- Meet Activities Co-ordinator ZoeKeeping the residents at Birchwood House mentally and physically active is the job of Activities Co-ordinator Zoe. Zoe hasContinue reading “Meet Activities Co-ordinator Zoe”
- Choosing the right care home for a loved oneFinding the right care home for a loved one can be a stressful and challenging experience, and often oneContinue reading “Choosing the right care home for a loved one”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2Continue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our FacebookContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”