We are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2 to 4pm. The Open Day will take place in our beautiful nine-acre gardens at Birchwood House in Speldhurst, on the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells.
Birchwood Care is made up of our family-run residential house and our home care service that supports people in their own homes in and around Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks. Our Open Day will be a chance to look around the grounds and meet staff to discuss the care options available, the facilities and activities on offer.
An opportunity to meet the Birchwood team
All key members of staff will be at the Open Day and we look forward to meeting visitors. The event is open to everyone, including those that may be looking for residential care for friends or family as well as home care services to support independent living in the area.
Sample coffee and cakes
Coffee and refreshments will be served as well as delicious cakes baked by our very own Chef Anne. Afternoon tea is served daily in Birchwood House and we always get such positive feedback on the bakes, so we wanted the local community to try them out for themselves.
Birchwood House is a former manor house that delivers high quality and professional care, and this is reflected in the testimonials on carehome.co.uk where the home is awarded 9.6 out of 10 based on reviews. And Birchwood Care Services has been awarded 9.8 out of 10 based on positive testimonials on homecare.co.uk.
Have you considered a career in care?
If you’ve considered a career in the care industry then this is an ideal opportunity to see first-hand what it is like and find out everything you want to know.
Get to know the faces behind Birchwood
This is a chance for people to meet the teams that run Birchwood House and Birchwood Care Services and get to know members of staff. They include:
Helen – Manager of Birchwood House. Helen has been with us for over 10 years.
Claire – Deputy Manager. Claire has been with us for 6 years.
Zoe – Activities co-ordinator. Zoe looks after entertainment for the residents.
Ian – Looks after the garden and upkeep of the house.
Anne – Our resident chef with a real flair for baking. She has been with us for nearly a decade.
Birchwood Care Services
Wendy – Manager. Wendy has been with us for over 10 years and has a career spanning 20 years.
Plus all our senior carers.
Niral Patel, owner of Birchwood Care said “I am delighted we can now host an open day and let people come and meet us. We are really looking forward to opening our gardens to the local community and it is a chance for people to ask questions and see what life is like at Birchwood.”
Other articles you may like
- How the elderly can benefit from GardeningHow the elderly can benefit from Gardening With the Summer solstice approaching and the sun shining just a littleContinue reading “How the elderly can benefit from Gardening”
- Easy-bake meatloafELIA’S EASY-BAKE MEATLOAF Who doesn’t like a freshly-baked meatloaf? It’s safe to say it’s a favourite amongst our residentsContinue reading “Easy-bake meatloaf”
- Give us a smile! Four Reasons to smile every dayNational Smile Month is upon us and here at Birchwood House, we’re all about sharing a friendly smile. Back in December of 2020, we launched Birchwood Smiles. It was a difficult time for us all, with the pandemic a major concern for many vulnerable people. With all staff in PPE, we wanted to make sure Birchwood House residents were still able to see a friendly face and so every team member wore a lanyard around their neck, with a large picture of their smiling face on it.
- A Taste of Days Gone By this AprilThis month we travelled back in time and turned the clocks right back for an afternoon of vintage 1940s fun. We enjoyed fabulous vintage-styled live entertainment, historically themed displays, and the nostalgic taste of wartime Britain during our 1940s-inspired Tea Dance.
- Spring Open dayWhether you’re looking for respite or permanent residential care Birchwood House warmly invites you to our Spring Open Day on Saturday 7th May from 12 – 4 pm. All key members of staff will be available to meet you as well as give a tour of our beautiful residential home on the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells.
- There’s a spring in our step at Birchwood HouseThere’s a spring in our step! The flowers are blooming, and the skies are turning blue. Spring is onContinue reading “There’s a spring in our step at Birchwood House”
- Win a Mother’s Day afternoon tea
- How arts and crafts hugely benefit the elderlyIt’s been a fantastic month here at Birchwood House. We’ve recently celebrated Valentine’s Day and have enjoyed smiles all around.
- The difference between care homes and retirement villagesAs many adults enter the later stages of their life, they often need either extra care, help and support and want to be around those in a similar situation or position to them from an age and health perspective.