We’re well aware of the impact that Covid-19 has had on searching for a care home for a loved one. In normal times you would have been most likely to have made initial enquiries and then visited the care home to meet the staff and look around. Sadly, for the safety of our residents, staff and relatives this is not currently able to happen. Instead Birchwood House – our welcoming care home in the charming village of Speldhurst, near Tunbridge Wells in Kent – offers virtual tours.
What happens during a virtual tour?
Our Deputy Manager Claire makes the arrangements and welcomes visitors into Birchwood as she would on a normal tour. The virtual visit takes place using your mobile device and can still give you a glimpse into our home and the facilities available.
“The virtual tour is great alternative to a normal visit and gives relatives a real insight and a feel for Birchwood House,” explains Claire.
“We’re proud to offer a home from home in a country setting, and people tell us Birchwood feels like home the moment they step through the front door.”
As you tour through the entrance hall Claire talks to you about the care and activities on offer, and answers any questions you may have. Visitors may see our residents taking part in art and craft activities during their tour, or enjoying some home-cooked food.
You will also get to see the dining room which has stunning views of the grounds, the communal areas, the visiting pod and our bright and spacious Victorian conservatory. Birchwood House is on three levels and has a lift to all floors. There is also a hairdressing salon and a bathroom with an accessible bath.
“Many elderly residents have not been able to enjoy a bath in their own homes due to access issues, so this specially designed bath with a lift-up side is a great treat for many,” added Claire.
Will we get to view the bedrooms available?
On the tour guests will be able to view any of the available individual bedrooms. Our house has 31 bedrooms, including some doubles rooms for couples.
The other secret ingredient at Birchwood is our caring staff, all of whom are passionate about caring and highly motivated to give the best care possible to the residents. Plus we’re a very loyal and close knit team. Claire has been here for over five years and Helen, the Registered Manager, has been here for over a decade.
If you think that Birchwood is a good match for your loved one the next step is a more detailed telephone assessment to find out about your potential resident’s needs and make sure that Birchwood House can meet those needs.
“When a new resident comes into Birchwood they currently cannot be accompanied by a relative due to Covid-19, so we employ a carer to settle them into their room and stay with them so they have company, ” added Care Manager Helen Geer.
To find out more and book your tour please call 01892 863559 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other articles you may like
- Holding hands with loved ones for visitors to Birchwood HouseFrom May 3rd visitors to Birchwood House will be able to hold hands and enjoy face-to-face conversations with theirContinue reading “Holding hands with loved ones for visitors to Birchwood House”
- Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.Bringing a sense of fun and magic for residents this Easter. The staff at Birchwood House held a quirkyContinue reading “Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.”
- Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mumChoosing a home for a loved one is a considered decision, but one that Kathleen Holmwood made with ease.Continue reading “Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mum”
- The benefits of using the internet and modern technologySince the arrival of Covid-19 and having to live through lockdown in the last 12 months, the reliance onContinue reading “The benefits of using the internet and modern technology”
- What care options are available for those in later life?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they findContinue reading “What care options are available for those in later life?”
- Virtual tours help relatives find the right careWe’re well aware of the impact that Covid-19 has had on searching for a care home for a lovedContinue reading “Virtual tours help relatives find the right care”
- The skills and attributes you need to be a good carerThe skills and attributes needed to be a good carer. Whether you’re looking for a good care provider orContinue reading “The skills and attributes you need to be a good carer”
- White Christmas had by all at BirchwoodPulling out the stops for a fun and festive December. We went all out to make sure it wasContinue reading “White Christmas had by all at Birchwood”
- Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clientsWell-being first for staff, residents & clients. We’re delighted to kick off a new initiative to show the smilingContinue reading “Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clients”