Afternoon tea winner announced, courtesy of Birchwood chef Anne Jones
We wanted to do something to brighten up someone’s day so as people can’t get out much, we ran a prize draw at the end of November offering afternoon tea to two people in our local community.
Our fabulous chef Anne Jones is creating a delicious spread and we’re pleased to announce we are going to be delivering it to the winner, Natalie Tripp. Congratulations Natalie from everyone at Birchwood.
Other articles you may like
- How the elderly can benefit from GardeningHow the elderly can benefit from Gardening With the Summer solstice approaching and the sun shining just a littleContinue reading “How the elderly can benefit from Gardening”
- Easy-bake meatloafELIA’S EASY-BAKE MEATLOAF Who doesn’t like a freshly-baked meatloaf? It’s safe to say it’s a favourite amongst our residentsContinue reading “Easy-bake meatloaf”
- Give us a smile! Four Reasons to smile every dayNational Smile Month is upon us and here at Birchwood House, we’re all about sharing a friendly smile. Back in December of 2020, we launched Birchwood Smiles. It was a difficult time for us all, with the pandemic a major concern for many vulnerable people. With all staff in PPE, we wanted to make sure Birchwood House residents were still able to see a friendly face and so every team member wore a lanyard around their neck, with a large picture of their smiling face on it.
- A Taste of Days Gone By this AprilThis month we travelled back in time and turned the clocks right back for an afternoon of vintage 1940s fun. We enjoyed fabulous vintage-styled live entertainment, historically themed displays, and the nostalgic taste of wartime Britain during our 1940s-inspired Tea Dance.
- Spring Open dayWhether you’re looking for respite or permanent residential care Birchwood House warmly invites you to our Spring Open Day on Saturday 7th May from 12 – 4 pm. All key members of staff will be available to meet you as well as give a tour of our beautiful residential home on the outskirts of Tunbridge Wells.
- There’s a spring in our step at Birchwood HouseThere’s a spring in our step! The flowers are blooming, and the skies are turning blue. Spring is onContinue reading “There’s a spring in our step at Birchwood House”
- Win a Mother’s Day afternoon tea
- How arts and crafts hugely benefit the elderlyIt’s been a fantastic month here at Birchwood House. We’ve recently celebrated Valentine’s Day and have enjoyed smiles all around.
- The difference between care homes and retirement villagesAs many adults enter the later stages of their life, they often need either extra care, help and support and want to be around those in a similar situation or position to them from an age and health perspective.