An Introduction to Claire – Deputy Manager of Birchwood House
I’ve worked in the care industry for 21 years. I was recommended by a friend who also came for a job at Birchwood having worked together at another care home. I’ve now been here for 5 years and never looked back.
My first impression of Birchwood was that it looked huge but once I came into the building it was very warm and friendly.
My role involves overseeing the running of the home in the absence of the manager, to support our wonderful staff and residents ensuring that all care delivered is of the highest possible standard. I ensure that all care plans are updated with any changes in our residents daily living and their health, as well as manage the staff rota.
The most interesting thing about working at Birchwood is the interesting people you get to meet and care for and learning about their lives and their families.
I’ve always enjoyed working in smaller homes that are not purpose-built. Working at Birchwood is more personal than other places I’ve worked.
The benefits of working here are working in lovely surroundings with a good team of people, as well as the training and support I’ve been offered to further my career.
Working in care is a rewarding career in itself but working with the Birchwood team who are warm friendly and motivating makes going to work that little bit better.
When I tell people about my job the response I normally get is you must find it so rewarding and I do.
Other articles you may like
- National Eye Health Week in focusGood eye health and the need for regular eye tests is vital, especially as you age. National Eye HealthContinue reading “National Eye Health Week in focus”
- Power of AttorneyBetter care for the elderly evident as rising number of people register for power of attorney Power of attorneyContinue reading “Power of Attorney”
- Looking after historic Birchwood House is Ian’s roleAfter 30 years in the building industry, Ian can turn his hand to many types of work. Which isContinue reading “Looking after historic Birchwood House is Ian’s role”
- Respite care for the elderly and how it supports the carerA quick reference guide to respite care Respite care is a short-term stay, often around one to two weeks, inContinue reading “Respite care for the elderly and how it supports the carer”
- Birchwood House residents travel back to medieval timesOur residents and staff travelled back in time to enjoy a medieval themed summer party held within our 9Continue reading “Birchwood House residents travel back to medieval times”
- Meet Activities Co-ordinator ZoeKeeping the residents at Birchwood House mentally and physically active is the job of Activities Co-ordinator Zoe. Zoe hasContinue reading “Meet Activities Co-ordinator Zoe”
- Choosing the right care home for a loved oneFinding the right care home for a loved one can be a stressful and challenging experience, and often oneContinue reading “Choosing the right care home for a loved one”
- Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in JuneWe are delighted to announce that Birchwood Care will be hosting an Open Day on Saturday 26th June from 2Continue reading “Birchwood to host Summer Open Day in June”
- Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?We’re giving away a Cream Tea for Two with the May issue of Birchwood Care and on our FacebookContinue reading “Cream Tea Giveaway – who will you invite for tea?”