An Introduction to Claire – Deputy Manager of Birchwood House
I’ve worked in the care industry for 21 years. I was recommended by a friend who also came for a job at Birchwood having worked together at another care home. I’ve now been here for 5 years and never looked back.
My first impression of Birchwood was that it looked huge but once I came into the building it was very warm and friendly.
My role involves overseeing the running of the home in the absence of the manager, to support our wonderful staff and residents ensuring that all care delivered is of the highest possible standard. I ensure that all care plans are updated with any changes in our residents daily living and their health, as well as manage the staff rota.
The most interesting thing about working at Birchwood is the interesting people you get to meet and care for and learning about their lives and their families.
I’ve always enjoyed working in smaller homes that are not purpose-built. Working at Birchwood is more personal than other places I’ve worked.
The benefits of working here are working in lovely surroundings with a good team of people, as well as the training and support I’ve been offered to further my career.
Working in care is a rewarding career in itself but working with the Birchwood team who are warm friendly and motivating makes going to work that little bit better.
When I tell people about my job the response I normally get is you must find it so rewarding and I do.
Other articles you may like
- Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.Bringing a sense of fun and magic for residents this Easter. The staff at Birchwood House held a quirkyContinue reading “Birchwood holds a fun-filled Mad Hatter’s tea party.”
- Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mumChoosing a home for a loved one is a considered decision, but one that Kathleen Holmwood made with ease.Continue reading “Birchwood ‘a natural choice’ for Kathleen’s mum”
- The benefits of using the internet and modern technologySince the arrival of Covid-19 and having to live through lockdown in the last 12 months, the reliance onContinue reading “The benefits of using the internet and modern technology”
- What care options are available for those in later life?Families going through the emotional stress of placing a spouse or relative into care, often tell us they findContinue reading “What care options are available for those in later life?”
- Virtual tours help relatives find the right careWe’re well aware of the impact that Covid-19 has had on searching for a care home for a lovedContinue reading “Virtual tours help relatives find the right care”
- The skills and attributes you need to be a good carerThe skills and attributes needed to be a good carer. Whether you’re looking for a good care provider orContinue reading “The skills and attributes you need to be a good carer”
- White Christmas had by all at BirchwoodPulling out the stops for a fun and festive December. We went all out to make sure it wasContinue reading “White Christmas had by all at Birchwood”
- Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clientsWell-being first for staff, residents & clients. We’re delighted to kick off a new initiative to show the smilingContinue reading “Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clients”
- Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winnerAfternoon tea winner announced, courtesy of Birchwood chef Anne Jones We wanted to do something to brighten up someone’sContinue reading “Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winner”