An Introduction to Claire – Deputy Manager of Birchwood House
I’ve worked in the care industry for 21 years. I was recommended by a friend who also came for a job at Birchwood having worked together at another care home. I’ve now been here for 5 years and never looked back.
My first impression of Birchwood was that it looked huge but once I came into the building it was very warm and friendly.
My role involves overseeing the running of the home in the absence of the manager, to support our wonderful staff and residents ensuring that all care delivered is of the highest possible standard. I ensure that all care plans are updated with any changes in our residents daily living and their health, as well as manage the staff rota.
The most interesting thing about working at Birchwood is the interesting people you get to meet and care for and learning about their lives and their families.
I’ve always enjoyed working in smaller homes that are not purpose-built. Working at Birchwood is more personal than other places I’ve worked.
The benefits of working here are working in lovely surroundings with a good team of people, as well as the training and support I’ve been offered to further my career.
Working in care is a rewarding career in itself but working with the Birchwood team who are warm friendly and motivating makes going to work that little bit better.
When I tell people about my job the response I normally get is you must find it so rewarding and I do.
Other articles you may like
- Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clientsWell-being first for staff, residents & clients. We’re delighted to kick off a new initiative to show the smilingContinue reading “Maintaining positivity for residents and homecare clients”
- Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winnerAfternoon tea winner announced, courtesy of Birchwood chef Anne Jones We wanted to do something to brighten up someone’sContinue reading “Brightening up the afternoon for one lucky winner”
- An unprecedented year in the life of a care homeReflections on an unprecedented year in the life of a care home Owner of Birchwood House and Care Services,Continue reading “An unprecedented year in the life of a care home”
- Harvest Hoedown extravaganzaBirchwood House hosts Harvest Hoedown extravaganza Birchwood House enjoyed a socially-distanced harvest festival in its grounds on Wednesday 9thContinue reading “Harvest Hoedown extravaganza”
- Take care of your mental health during lockdownTake care of your mental health during lockdown The lockdown that has been imposed by the Covid-19 outbreak hasContinue reading “Take care of your mental health during lockdown”
- The difference between a care home and a retirement villageThe difference between a care home and a retirement village As many enter the later stages of their life,Continue reading “The difference between a care home and a retirement village”
- An Introduction to Helen Geer – Manager of Birchwood HouseAn Introduction to Helen Geer – Manager of Birchwood House I have worked in care for 20 years andContinue reading “An Introduction to Helen Geer – Manager of Birchwood House”
- Looking after the elderly in summerLooking after the elderly in summer Although summer is only just upon us and we are probably yet toContinue reading “Looking after the elderly in summer”
- Looking after our care home residents during CoronavirusLooking after our care home residents during Coronavirus The current Covid-19 Pandemic has caused an enormous disruption to everyContinue reading “Looking after our care home residents during Coronavirus”