WEEKEND KITCHEN ASSISTANT
We’re recruiting for a weekend kitchen assistant to assist our chef in delivering nutritious meals to all residents on a daily basis that meet their clinical, social, cultural and spiritual needs. The kitchen assistant will be responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and organised kitchen environment and carry out instructions given by the Chef and Home Manager.
Working hours are weekends 8.30am – 3pm.
- To ensure that the kitchen and related areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition at all times, observing and maintaining food hygiene standards.
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedule
- To ensure that statutory and company health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure that correct safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils, and other service containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other instructions given by the Chef and Home manager.
- To collect breakfast trays after residents have finished and return these to the kitchen to be washed up.
- Morning coffee to be served from 10.30am
- Daily menu choices to be taken and cups collected
- Lunches to be served to residents in their rooms
- Trays to be collected and washed up