WEEKEND KITCHEN ASSISTANT
We’re recruiting for a weekend kitchen assistant to assist our chef in delivering nutritious meals to all residents that meet their clinical, social, cultural and spiritual needs. The kitchen assistant will be responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and organised kitchen environment and carry out instructions given by the Chef and Home Manager.
This is a weekend role.
- To ensure that the kitchen and related areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition at all times, observing and maintaining food hygiene standards.
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedule
- To ensure that statutory and company health and safety regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure that correct safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils, and other service containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other instructions given by the Chef and Home manager.
- To collect breakfast trays after residents have finished and return these to the kitchen to be washed up.
- Morning coffee to be served from 10.15am
- Daily menu choices to be taken and cups collected
- Lunches to be served to residents in their rooms
- Trays to be collected and washed up
This list is of duties and responsibilities is by not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
This job description is subject to regular review and appropriate modification.