Part Time Domestic Assistant
Ensuring that we provide a clean environment for our residents and staff, providing a high-quality service and high standards of cleanliness, ensuring compliance with infection control procedures.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the head housekeeper to the required company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the home manager.
- Carry out any reasonable instructions of the home manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and the individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To always adhere to infection control policies.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home.
- Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by the Housekeeper or Home manager.
- To ensure that all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure that the cleaning trolley is re-stocked at the end of the shift and that the cleaning cupboard is left clean and tidy.
Safeguarding of vulnerable adults/mental Capacity Act
To complete training on safeguarding of vulnerable adults and the Mental Capacity Act and be able to understand and implement SVA and MCA policies and procedures taking responsibility for reporting any safeguarding concerns to the most senior person on duty.
Health and safety
As an employee the post holder has a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to:
- Take responsible care of themselves and all other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operate with their employer to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and the Health and Safety policies and procedures of the organisation, not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare, in pursuance of any of the relevant statutory provisions.
- Ensure that the home is a safe environment at all times, that risk assessments are completed and regularly reviewed, and measures are in place to manage risk.
- To act at all times in a manner that promotes the well-being of the residents at all times.
- To act at all times in a manner which promotes the company’s best interests.
- To maintain at all times a dress code appropriate to the working environment and the company.
- To act at all times in a manner which promotes harmonious working relationships with all colleagues and outside agencies.
- To undertake any training necessary for the completion of your duties
- To develop and review all the company’s policies and abide by them, whilst leading by example in all you do.
This job description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities it is not intended as an exhaustive list and will be subject to additions and change in discussion with the provider. Any changes will be discussed with you directly and you will be informed of any contractual changes in writing.